Gyu-Boong Jo received the B.S degree in Physics and Mathematics from Seoul
National University in 2003. He started a graduate research at MIT in 2004 as a
Samsung Scholarship fellow, and is now a Ph.d candidate in atomic, molecular,
and optical physics. In Prof. Ketterle / Prof. Pritchard group, he had
performed a research of coherence properties with Bose-Einstein condensates on
an microfabricated chip (called atom-chip) from 2004 to 2007. His current
research interests are quantum magnetism in ultracold Fermi gases and
hetero-nuclear cold molecules.
- G. Jo, Y. Lee, J. Choi, C. Christensen, T. Kim, D. Pritchard, W. Ketterle, and J.H. Thywissen. Observation of itinerant ferromagnetism in a strongly interacting Fermi gas of ultracold atoms. Science, 325:1521, 2009.
- C. Christensen, S. Will, G. Jo, Y. Shin, W. Ketterle, D. Pritchard, and M. Saba. Trapping of Ultracold Atoms in a Hollow-core Photonic Crystal Fiber. Phys. Rev. A, 78:033429, 2008.
- G. Jo, Y. Shin, S. Will, T. Pasquini, W. Ketterle, D. Pritchard, M. Saba, and Mukund Vengalattore. Long Phase Coherence Time and Number Squeezing of Two Bose-Einstein Condensates on an Atom Chip. Phys. Rev. Lett., 98:30407, 2007.
- G. Jo, J. Choi, C. Christensen, Y. Lee, T. Pasquini, W. Ketterle, and D. Pritchard. Matter-Wave Interferometry with Phase Fluctuating Bose-Einstein Condensates. Phys. Rev. Lett., 99:240406, 2007.
- G. Jo, J. Choi, C. Christensen, T. Pasquini, Y. Lee, W. Ketterle, and D. Pritchard. Phase-Sensitive Recombination of Two Bose-Einstein condensates on an Atom Chip. Phys. Rev. Lett., 98:180401, 2007.
- T. Pasquini, G. Jo, Y. Shin, W. Ketterle, D. Pritchard, M. Saba, T. A. Savas, and N. Mulders. Low Velocity Quantum Reflection of Bose-Einstein Condensates. Phys. Rev. Lett., 97:093201, 2006.