Jon studied physics and played soccer at Caltech, graduating in 2004. He conducted his doctoral work in the group of Vladan Vuletic at MIT, studying cavity quantum electrodynamics with atomic ensembles. Since 2010 he has been a postdoc in the group of Markus Greiner at Harvard, investigating many-body physics of strongly correlated bosons.
- V. Vuletic, J. Simon, and A. T. Black. External-feedback laser cooling of Molecular gases. Phys. Rev. A, 75:051405, 2007.
- J. Simon, H. Tanji, and V. Vuletic. Interfacing Collective Atomic Excitations and Single Photons. Phys. Rev. Lett., 98:183601, 2007.
- J. Simon, H. Tanji, V. Vuletic, and S. Ghosh. Single-photon bus connecting spin-wave quantum memories. Nat. Phys., 3:765-769, 2007.
- J. Simon and V. Vuletic. High-brightness source of narrowband, identical-photon pairs. Science, 313 #5783:74-77, 2006.
- M. Cetina, J. Simon, V. Vuletic, Y.J. Lin, and I. Teper. Influence of grating parameters on the linewidths of external-cavity diode lasers. Appl. Opt., 45:9191-9197, 2006.