“The founding of the new electronics laboratory in 1946 represented a major departure in the organization of academic research at MIT and was destined to influence the development of interdepartmental centers at the Institute…”
—Julius A. Stratton First Director of RLE
To celebrate 150 years, MIT held an Open House on Saturday, April 30, 2011. RLE was proud to participate. Below is a sampling of our activities.