Facilities and Space Management
RLE administers extensive laboratory and office spaces in MIT buildings 26, 36, and 38 as well as other resources such as the RLE Conference Center, woodworking shop, vehicle pool and other common facilities.
RLE operations and support services include:
- Minor repairs, carpentry, painting, and space refurbishments
- Assembly and moving of furniture and general purpose equipment
- Coordinating with MIT Facilities for electrical, plumbing, lighting, heating/cooling, and cleaning issues
- Environmental Health and Safety ( EHS )
- RLE vehicle pool
- RLE Conference Room setups
Major space renovations must undergo a special MIT review and approval process. Please contact the Facilities Coordinator if you have questions.
Assistant Director for Administration and Human Resources
Maintenance Mechanic II