Research, Technical, Support, and Administrative Positions
Strategic Initiatives Project Manager
Posted: December 16, 2013
RLE is MIT’s premier interdisciplinary research lab. Originally derived from the famed Rad Lab, RLE has been the proud home of many of MIT’s most esteemed researchers and fundamental discoveries. If you have a keen interest in contributing to MIT; if you would like to be part of the most dynamic and fastest growing research organization on campus (600 researchers and close to 60M in research expenditures); if you are interested in organization development; and if you are data-oriented with good analytical and presentation skills combined with excellent leadership and communications skills, we are looking for you!
This position entails formulating and leading initiatives aimed at furthering the Lab’s and MIT’s operational and strategic interests, particularly in the areas of business process improvement; facilitating interdisciplinary research; and communications.
This position reports to the Assistant Director for Administration and Human Resources and to the RLE Director
MBA, Masters or PhD in engineering or the sciences. An accomplished self-driven individual with an interest in leading initiatives and organization study and improvement at MIT. Team player, good analytical skills, basic level of technical competency in business process mapping design and modeling, as well as in process improvement methodologies and tools. Strong oral and written communication skills. Technical background in engineering or the sciences. Experience with modern social media (wikis, blogs, web pages) is required. Must be a creative individual with superior project coordination, initiative, and organizational talent who is service-oriented, with a demonstrated history of accomplishments.
This is a two-year term position with the possibility of an extension based on performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing partnerships and collaborations with research and development centers.
- Implementing and maintaining data-driven models analyzing intra-laboratory research collaborations.
- Developing, organizing and managing the compilation and presentation of news and RLE’s faculty and student research program achievements for print and on-line communications.
Pursuing Quality and Efficiency
- Developing modern business methods and designing the process for implementing systems improvements in administrative services for the purpose of creating greater efficiencies and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Conceptualizing and designing efforts to create opportunities for intra-laboratory research collaborations.
- Supporting “RLE Translational Fellows Program” aimed at accelerating the rate of technology translation at the RLE
- Creating innovative initiatives to assist with moving research into the marketplace.
- Developing systematic approaches for research funding development
- Creating processes for evaluating, developing and managing a pipeline of new industry sponsor prospects for RLE.
Other duties as assigned.
If interested in applying please visit the Jobs at MIT website. Specific job number information will be posted shortly.
Faculty and Graduate Research Positions
RLE faculty and students resident in RLE are appointed directly by MIT academic departments or divisions:
- Biological Engineering Division
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Engineering Systems Division
- Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
These units, rather than RLE, handle faculty hiring and admittance of graduate students to MIT degree programs. Undergraduate or graduate students seeking to explore the possibility of research assistantships in RLE should contact the RLE principal investigator associated with a relevant field of interest directly.