- Jianlan Wu, Fan Liu, Jian Ma, Robert Silbey, Jianshu Cao, “Efficient energy transfer in light-harvesting systems II: quantum-classical comparison, flux network, and robustness analysis,” J. Chem. Phys. 137, 174111 (2012) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4762839 (12 pages).
- Natalia B. Shustova, Anthony F. Cozzolino , and Mircea Dincă”Conformational Locking by Design: Relating Strain Energy with Luminescence and Stability in Rigid Metal–Organic Frameworks,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134 (48), pp 19596–19599, DOI: 10.1021/ja3103154
- Jing Zhao, Ou Chen, David B. Strasfeld, and Moungi G. Bawendi, “Biexciton Quantum Yield Heterogeneities in Single CdSe (CdS) Core (Shell) Nanocrystals and Its Correlation to Exciton Blinking,” Nano Lett., 12, (9), pp. 4477−4483, 7 Aug 2012, DOI: 10.1021/nl3013727.
- S. Valleau, A. Eisfeld and A. Aspuru-Guzik, “On the alternatives for bath correlators and spectral densities from mixed quantum-classical simulations,” J. Chem. Phys. 137, 224103 (Dec 2012). DOI: 10.1063/1.4769079
- Takeda, Y.; Andrew, T. L; Lobez, J. M.; Mork, A. J.; Swager, T. M. “An Air-stable Low Bandgap n-Type Organic Polymer Semiconductor Exhibiting Selective Solubility in Fluorous Solvents” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. (Aug. 2012), 51, 9042–9046. DOI:10.1002/ange.201204066
- Parkhurst, R. R.; Swager, T. M. “Synthesis and Optical Properties of Phenylene-Containing Oligo-acenes (POAs)” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, (37) 15351-15356. DOI: 10.1021/ja3043883.
- Panzer, M.J., Aidala, K.E., V. Bulović, “Contact printing of colloidal nanocrystal thin films for hybrid organic/quantum dot optoelectronic devices, Nano Rev., 3, 16144 (2012).
- Marsili, Francesco, Francesco Bellei, Andrew E. Dane, Richard J. Molnar, Karl K. Berggren, “Efficient Single Photon Detection from 500 nm to 5 um Wavelength,” Nano lett. 12 (9), 4799-4804 (2012). DOI: 10.1021/nl302245n.
- Mostame, Sarah; Rebentrost, Patrick; Eisfeld, A.; Kerman, Andrew J.; Tsomokos, Dimitris; and Aspuru-Guzik, Alan Quantum simulator of an open quantum system using superconducting qubits: exciton transport in photosynthetic complexes New J. Phys., 14 , 105013 (2012). DOI: New J. Phys.
- Perdomo-Ortiz, A., Widom, J.R, Lott, G.A., Aspuru-Guzik, A., “Conformation and Electronic Population Transfer in Membrane-Supported Self-Assembled Porphyrin Dimers by 2D Fluorescence Spectroscopy, ” J. Phys. Chem. B 116, 10757-10770, (2012), 10.1021/jp305916x
- Akselrod, G. M.; Walker, Brian J.; Tisdale, W. A.; Bawendi, Moungi G.; and Bulovic, Vladimir, Twenty-Fold Enhancement of molecular Fluorescence by Coupling to a J-Aggregate Critically Coupled Resonator,” DOI: 10.1021/nn203789t
- Jadhav, P.J., P. R. Brown, N. Thompson, B. Wunsch, A. Mohanty, S. R. Yost, E. Hontz, T. Van Voorhis, M. G. Bawendi, V. Bulović, and M. A. Baldo “Triplet exciton dissociation in singlet exciton fission photovoltaics”, Advanced Materials, 24, 6169–6174 (2012).
- Reusswig, P.D., D. Congreve, N.J. Thompson, and M.A. Baldo, “Enhanced external quantum efficiency in an organic photovoltaic cell via singlet fission exciton sensitizer”, Applied Physics Letters, 101, 113304 (2012) doi.org/10.1063/1.4752445.
- Reineke, S. and M.A. Baldo, “Recent progress in the understanding of exciton dynamics within phosphorescent OLEDs”, Phys. Status Solidi A, 209, 2341–2353 (2012) DOI: 10.1002/pssa.201290031.
- Reineke, S., and M.A. Baldo, “Recent progress in the understanding of exciton dynamics within phosphorescent OLEDs,” in Physics of Organic Semiconductors II, edited by W. Brütting. C. Adachi, Wiley VCH, pp. 349-370 (2012)
- Shustova, Natalia B., Cozzolino,Anthony F., and Dincă ,Mircea,”Conformational Locking by Design: Relating Strain Energy with Luminescence and Stability in Rigid Metal−Organic Frameworks,” J. Am. Chem. Soc, dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja3103154
- Shustova, N. B.; Ong, T.-C.; Cozzolino, A. F.; Michaelis, V. K.; Griffin, R. G.; Dincă, M., “Phenyl Ring Dynamics in a Tetraphenylethylene-Bridged Metal–Organic Framework: Implications for the Mechanism of Aggregation-Induced Emission,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 15061-15070, DOI: 10.1021/ja306042w
- Matthias E. Bahlke, Hiroshi A. Mendoza, Daniel T. Ashall, Allen S. Yin, Marc A. Baldo,“Dry Lithography of Large-Area, Thin-Film Organic Semiconductors Using Frozen CO2 Resists,” Advanced Materials, 24, 6136-6140, Sept. 10, 2012, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201202446
- Shane R. Yost, Eric Hontz, Sina Yeganeh, Troy Van Voorhis, “Triplet vs Singlet Energy Transfer in Organic Semiconductors: The Tortoise and the Hare,” J. Phys. Chem. C, 116 (33), pp 17369 – 17377, DOI: 10.1021/jp304433t, July 31, 2012.
- X. Zhou, J. Chesin, S. Crawford, S. Gradečak.“Using seed particle composition to control structural and optical properties of GaN nanowires”, Nanotechnology, 23, no 28, 285603, June 2012, doi:10.1088/0957-4484/23/28/285603
- M. Brewster, X. Zhou, M. Y. Lu, and S. Gradecak, “The interplay of structure and optical properties in individual ZnO nanostructures”, invited review article, Nanoscale 4, 1455 – 1462 (2012), 10.1039/C2NR11706A. Notes: The paper was featured on the front page of the journal. It was one of the Top 10 most-read Nanoscale articles for 02/2012.
- Chee Kong Lee, Jeremy Moix, and Jianshu Cao, “Accuracy of second-order perturbation theory in the polaron and variational frames,” Journal of Chemical Physics, 136, 204120 (2012), doi.org/10.1063/1.4722336
- S. Valleau, S.K. Saikin, M.-H. Yung and A. Aspuru-Guzik, “Exciton transport in thin-film cyanine dye J-aggregates,” J. Chem. Phys. 137, 034109 (2012). DOI: 10.1063/1.4732122
- Bozyigit, D., Shirasaki, Y., Bulovic, V., Wood, V., “Study of Field Driven Electroluminescence in Colloidal Quantum Dot Solids,” J. Appl. Phys. 111,issue 11, 112701 (2012). doi.org/10.1063/1.4720377
- D. M. Eisele, C. W. Cone, E. A. Bloemsma, S. M. Vlaming, R. J. Silbey, M. G. Bawendi, J. Knoester, J. P. Rabe, and D. A. Vanden B., “Utilizing Redox-Chemistry to Elucidate the Nature of Exciton Transitions in Supramolecular Dye Nanotubes,” Nature Chemistry, July 1, 2012,
- Raoul E. Correa, Eric A. Dauler, Gautham Nair, Si H. Pan, Danna Rosenberg, Andrew J. Kerman, Richard J. Molnar, Xiaolong Hu, Francesco Marsili, Vikas Anant, Karl K. Berggren, and Moungi G. Bawendi, “Single Photon Counting from Individual Nanocrystals in the Infrared,” Nano Lett. , May 24, 2012, dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl300642k
- T. Ellenbogen, K. Seo and K. B. Crozier, “Chromatic Plasmonic Polarizers for Active Visible Colour Filtering and Polarimetry,”Nano Lett., 2012, 12 (2), pp 1026–1031, DOI: 10.1021/nl204257g
- Jeremy Moix, Yang Zhao, and Jianshu Cao, “Equilibrium-reduced density matrix formulation: Influence of noise, disorder, and temperature on localization in excitonic systems,” Physical Review B, 85, 115412 (2012), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.85.115412
- Strasfeld DB, Dorn A, Wanger DD, Bawendi MG. “Imaging Schottky Barriers and Ohmic Contacts in PbS Quantum Dot Devices,” Nano Letters 2012, 12: 569-575. DOI:10.1021/nl204116b
- S. Shim, P. Rebentrost, S. Valleau and A. Aspuru-Guzik, “Atomistic Study of the Long-Lived Quantum Coherences in the Fenna-Matthews-Olson Complex,” Biophys. J. 102, 649-660 (2012).
- S. Shim and A. Aspuru-Guzik, “Path integral Monte Carlo with importance sampling for excitons interacting with an arbitrary phonon bath,” J.Chem. Phys. 137, 224103 (2012) DOI 10.1063/1.4751487.
- J. Yuen-Zhou, J.J. Krich and A. Aspuru-Guzik, “A witness for coherent electronic oscillations in ultrafast spectroscopy,” J. Chem. Phys. 136, 234501 (2012). DOI: 10.1063/1.4725498
- Tal Ellenbogen, Dongxing Wang and Kenneth B. Crozier, “Generation of quasi-coherent cylindrical vector beams by leaky mirrorless laser,” Optics Express, 20, (27) pp. 28862-28870 (2012), DOI: 10.1364/OE.20.028862.
- Wenqi Zhu, Dongxing Wang and Kenneth B. Crozier, “Direct observation of beamed Raman scattering,” Nano Letters, 12, pp. 6235-6243 (Oct 2012) DOI: 10.1021/nl303297b
- Dongxing Wang, Wenqi Zhu, Yizhuo Chu and Kenneth B. Crozier, “High directivity optical antenna substrates for surface enhanced Raman scattering,” Ad. Mater., 24, pp. 4376–4380 (3 Jul 2012), DOI: 10.1002/adma.201201625
- Choy, J., Bradley, J., Deotare, P., Burgess, I., Evans, C, Mazur, E., and Loncar, M., Integrated TiO2 resonators for visible photonics, Optics Letters, Vol. 37, Issue 4, pp. 539-541 (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OL.37.000539
Conference Proceedings and Extended Abstracts
- T. Ellenbogen and K. B. Crozier, “Waveguide exciton polaritons in polymer optical waveguides doped with J-aggregating dyes: Generation, emission and control ,” Paper 8258 in Organic Photonic Materials and Devices XIV, SPIE Photonics West (2012).
- J. Chesin, X. Zhou, S. Gradečak, “Light extraction in individual GaN nanowires on Si for LEDs“, Proceeding of SPIE 8467, 846703 (2012).
- Silvija Gradecak, NANOWIRES 2012, Paul-Drude-Institut, Berlin, September 2012.
- Silvija Gradecak, SPIE Optics and Photonics, San Diego, CA, August 2012.
- Silvija Gradecak, Nano Letters Young Investigator Lectureship, Fall 2012 American Chemical Society national meeting, Philadelphia, PA, August 2012.
- “Excitonic Interactions in Artificial Light-Harvesting System,” Dorthe M. Eisele, Conference: International Conference on Science and Technology of Synthetic Metals (ICSM), Atlanta, GA, Jul 8-13, 2012.
- “Excitons in Artificial Light-Harvesting Antenna Systems,” Dorthe M. Eisele, Conference: 10th International Conference on Excitonic Processes in Condensed Matter, Nanostructured and Molecular Materials (EXCON2012), Groningen, The Netherlands, Jul 1-6 2012.
- “Hybrid organic/inorganic bulk heterojunction solar cells,” Silvija Gradecak, From Solid State to BioPhysics V, Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 2012.
“Exciton dynamics in quantum-dot structures”, Vladimir Bulovic, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK, April 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, April 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, UIUC, Urbana-Campaign, IL, April 2012.
- “Nanostructured materials for energy applications,” Silvija Gradecak, Multidisciplinary Endeavour in Nanobiology, Nanoscience and Environment, Split, Croatia, April 2012.
- “Excitons in Artificial Light-Harvesting Antenna Systems,” Dorthe M. Eisele, Conference: International Spring Meeting of the German Physical Society (DPG), Berlin, Germany, Mar 25-30, 2012.
- “Coherent Control of Molecules and Materials,” Keith Nelson, American Chemical Society Meeting, Award Session, San Diego, CA, Mar 27, 2012.
- “The role of quantum coherence in excitation energy transfer: New theoretical, computational and spectroscopy approaches,” Alan Aspuru-Guzik, Physics Department Colloquium, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, 20 March 2012.
- “How much information do ultrafast spectra contain? The case for ultrafast quantum process tomography,” Alan Aspuru-Guzik, American Physical Society March meeting, Boston, MA, 1 March 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, LLNL, Livermore, CA, March 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, University of California, Berkeley, CA, March 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, March 2012.
- ”III-V Nanowires for Energy Applications,” Silvija Gradecak, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland, March 2012.
- “Control Over Coherent Light Fields: Multidimensional Multispectral Multiquantum Coherent Spectroscopy and Coherent Control,” Keith A. Nelson, American Physical Society Meeting, Boston, MA, Feb. 27, 2012.
- “Singlet Exciton Fission,” Marc A. Baldo, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, Feb 16, 2012.
- “Synthesis of Polycyclic Aromatics for use as High Performance Electronic Materials,” Timothy Swager, University of Pennsylvania (The Joullié Lecture), Philadelphia, PA. February 6, 2012.
- “Synthesis of Polycyclic Aromatics for use as High Performance Electronic Materials,” Timothy Swager, McGill University (as part of the The J.T. Donald Lectures), Montreal, Quebec, Canada. January 31 2012.
- “Synthesis of Polycyclic Aromatics for use as High Performance Electronic Materials,” Timothy Swager, Boston University (Chemistry Department Lecture), Boston MA. January 23, 2012
- “The nano-optics of plasmonic optical tweezers, SERS substrates, and multi-colored silicon nanowires,” Ken Crozier, Photonics West Conference, Jan 23, 2012.
- “Synthesis of Polycyclic Aromatics for use as High Performance Electronic Materials,” Timothy Swager, Florida State University (as part of The Herron Lectures), Tallahassee, FL. January 12, 2012
- “The nano-optics of plasmonic optical tweezers, SERS substrates, and multi-colored silicon nanowires,” Ken Crozier, University of Washington, Jan. 10, 2012.
- “The nano-optics of plasmonic optical tweezers, SERS substrates, and multi-colored silicon nanowires,” Ken Crozier, Applied Physics Colloquium, Stanford University, Jan 9, 2012.
- “Physical operation of quantum dot light emitting devices,” Vladimir Bulovic, SPIE Conference – San Francisco, CA, January 2012.
- “Phosphorescent iridium(III) and platinum(II) complexes based on versatile “click” ligands,”243rd ACS National Meeting, Liu Shuang; Swager Timothy M. San Diego, California, March 25-29, 2012.